Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Strangers are just friends waiting to happen.

So, on Sunday, I faked it and it worked. I changed my mind that went with food poisoning. Yup. I walked around in my underwear all day. Lovely feeling.

But, I was taking a nap in my underwear on the couch in the living room with my dress pooled at my feet with the blanket when my daddy and Aunt No. 4 came home early. I barely registered the door opening and then his face before I yanked the blanket up to cover everything. When they were going about, I worked the dress up with my feet and kind of stepped into it while lying down. Yup. I’m pro like that. Jealous?
And then I went on the UCI tinychat thing or whatever. I was the only one there so I invited all my UCI “friends” on Facebook. This guy, M. Paff, whom I added a bit ago, messaged me and we had a small, uninteresting conversation there. He seemed pretty snotty in his profile picture, but I managed to persuade him to move to the tinychat thingy, where Mlle. S. Nguyen and Mlle. K. Nguyen (oh, God, we were all Nguyens) and I were having a pretty decent conversation.

Then Mlle. Jang came on Skype and wanted to talk, but then she got a bit drunk and red in the face with her parents so we ended up not talking. Monsieur Paff accused me of luring him to the chat room and leaving him there. I apologized and persuaded him to switch to Skype, where we talked for two hours before we decided to go back on the chat room.

Okay, what is up with those kids? Like, there’s a group of unattractive Asian kids who monopolized the chat room and ignored everybody else. At first, I was just amused, watching them ignoring the other kids while watching Project Runway, but at one point, this girl named M. Tran (she has the same name as Mlle. Tran the Younger) said, “Why do people wanna go to NorCal anyways? There nothing up here” in the snobbiest voice ever. I spoke up and said in a bitchy tone, “Um…there’s this little city called San Francisco. It’s probably the most cultural place in California.” She had to respond to that. I think I just don’t like her already because M. Paff said that he thought she was cute and that he tried to talk non-creepily to her during one of these chat sessions and she completely ignored him. Like, at first, I was like, okay, even if you’re pretty, that’s still really rude. Then when I found out that she wasn’t even cute, I got pissed for no reason.

So, M. Paff and I switched back to Skype and talked until one o’clock. Yeah, I think we hit it off pretty well. I like him. He seems like my kind of person. I think he’s my first friend at UCI.

So, this 10-day Buddhist thing is completely jacking up my schedule! On Monday, the first day, my mother woke me up at 7:12 and gave me half an hour to get ready to go to the temple. I checked my phone out of habit since I check my emails every day when I wake up, and guess who texted/Skyped me? M. Patterson. You have no idea how happy I was. He made the day so much better for me. I told him of my day on Sunday and he accused me of teasing him and avoiding him at the same time. It’s actually quite the opposite! But I don’t want to, you know, put down and date and make things seem more than they actually are. I think I prefer it this way; we don’t get to talk to each other much, but that keeps things interesting. But either way, he made my day.

Okay, so today is the second day. So…okay, this is my third year doing this Buddhist thing, so I know a lot of people there already and it’s nice seeing them again. So…there’s this guy. Haha. There’s always this guy. Like, last year, I had a massive crush on him. He’s a bit older, in his early twenties, very religious, very hardworking, and incredibly adored by the other temple-goers. I'll call him Monsieur TP since that's his Buddhist initials. So, I had a massive crush on him, right? But I guess I’ve outgrown it, but I’m still pretty aware of him, you know? Like, last year, we talked like, once. I said, “cheater” when he turned the timer to finish before it was time, and he laughed. For ten days, we exchanged one word.

And then this year, we’ve spoken twice…in two days. Haha. Isn’t that such an improvement? The first time was me chasing after him since he had a trash bag and I had a lot of trash in my hand. I said, “Hold on” and he said, “I know, I know.” And then the second time was when I said something in Vietnamese and he was like, “Oh, you know Vietnamese?” in Vietnamese.

Oh, my God. I’m so ridiculous. If that thing with M. Patterson isn’t going anywhere, this is not going anywhere even more. If that makes sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment