Wednesday, June 22, 2011

There's a difference between beauty and charm. A beautiful woman is one I notice. A charming woman is one who notices me.

So, there’s got to be a limit on how many times you can glance at someone and catch them looking at you before things get awkward and suspicious. Especially if you don’t talk. Yup, me and M. TP have been approaching that limit very, very, very quickly.

Let f be the number of times we’ve glanced at each other and caught the other looking.

To say f’ is positive and increasing would be a huge understatement. F’ is very positive and quickly increasing. I wonder what will happen when it does reach that number.

Anyways, I’ve been bitching about this Buddhist thing to anyone who’ll listen, but I actually am having a good time. Not a great time. Just a good time. Like, there are more children here this year, and they’re all under ten, so, as the youngest young adult, I’ve been unofficially delegated to watch them while still be part of the adult world.

So me and M. TP talked a bit again that evening. I don’t know. I might be overanalyzing things, but I think he changed his routine so we could see more of each other. Then, when most of the other people went to the main hall to listen to lecture, I told the people who were helping me with drying the spoons that they shouldn’t mind and just go since I wanted to be alone and turn on my music anyways. They thanked me and left. I turned on my music and had a great time drying the spoons, but then he came over and helped. Just the two of us. Drying spoons. I turned off my music since they were pretty risqué and so we were drying in silence.
Then I, being the charming girl that I am, asked why he was drying spoons with me when he could be listening to the lecture. He said that it was alright for him to miss a few minutes since he was helping me with the spoons. Then I asked again five minutes later. He was like, “You want me to leave?” And of course, I said, “Kind of.” Why the fuck did I say that? Why the fuck did I say the stupid things I do? Oh, my GOD.
I’m usually not this quiet! Like, ever. Yeah, I can be, but not this quiet. It sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment