Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?

Okay, I went to the bathroom today in Mme. Kennedy's class, and when I walked back, M. Lythgoe was looking at me again! ASK ME TO PROM ALREADY!

Speaking of Prom, M. Ward teased me and Mlle. Jang today in painting. Apparently, he has this awesome plan (knowing him, I don't doubt it--the boy is brilliant!) to ask this one girl to prom, so Mlle. Jang and I were trying to guess who since there is possibly no way to guess how he is going to do it. Anyways, we spent 15 minutes doing the "is it [Mlle. Tupac]? How about [Mlle. Smith]? No? Well, good, cause she's taken. Is it anybody we know? What do you mean you don't know?" Then we realized that he wasn't answering honestly and there's not point of doing 20 questions or whatever if he wasn't being honest. I thought he was going to ask Mlle. Jang. There's a possibilty he'll ask me since he touch my hands like, freaking ten times today in one hour. Okay, it was like, four times, but it's not like I'm counting. Being a good girl that I am, I pulled my hand back of course. Subtly, too, so it wouldn't be awkward. I hate mixed signals.

So, I went shopping today. My beloved messenger bag is ripping on the side, and I'm looking for something to replace it. So far, nothing matches it's cuteness, durability, stiffness, and overall aesthetically pleasing nature, so I settled for a smaller bag by the same company. It'll do my shoulder good.

And then I bought a pair of heels for prom. I was kind of iffy about it, but the deal was too good to pass up. I'll probably return them tomorrow or something.

And then I went to Forever 21 and found the most perfect pair of heels for prom, and they only have them in size 6 and 9! I'm a freaking 7! So I went online and found size 7 only to have it snatched up when I was looking for my debit card! What the heck?


On the flip side, I found my perfect pair of heels! It's a pair of heeled booties in tan. Pretty cute. I'd be so mad if the same girl that took my prom shoes steals this pair too.

I can always buy this pair, but it doesn't have the ankle-wrap that will go perfectly with my dress. It certainly is high enough though. Only 4 inches high, but the platform is almost 1 inch, making it a total of almost 5 inches, which makes me 5 feet 9 and a half inches. Pretty good. How hard would it be to dance in these, I wonder?

The pair below is lovely as well, but it is only 4 feet high, which is good, cause I can do 4 feet high, but now that I've seen long-legged Karlie Kloss move in my dress, I kind of want to go as high as possible.

Anyways, I was complaining to my little brother, and he went, "Do you know how spoiled kids are these days?" Oh my gosh, he's only 12! He's the cutest little brother in the whole entire world.

Oh, so...I'm trying to learn Comptine d'un autre été from the film Amelie. God, I love love love love the composer Yann Tiersen. His songs are very ethereal in a regal yet very folksy way. His music makes me feel like I'm in a fairytale. Plus, he's fairly cute. Anyways, at first, I hate how the left hand is very repetitive because it covers an octave with funky stuff in between. My hands can do an octave, but doing that for the entire song is very uncomfortable. Now I love how it's repetitive because I only have to focus on the right hand, which is very simple before it gets to the whole fast part. It's fairly easy for me to memorize this since it's repetitive, but it also paints an image with a map of where to go regarding the notes in my head, so I don't think I'll have trouble with memorizing. I've never been this motivated to do anything since EVER.


Oh, yeah, Mme. McElroy has passed away. Her funeral was today, but I couldn't make it.


I love the above quote. Sometimes I do wonder where I was when they handed out life manuals.

No comments:

Post a Comment