Saturday, July 16, 2011

A girl and a guy can be just friends, but at one point or another they will fall for each other... maybe temporarily, maybe at the wrong time, maybe too late, or maybe forever.

So SPOP was okay. It was boring, but we got to know each other a tiny bit better on the second days. I was very apprehensive about going to UCI in the fall. On the first day, all I could think about was how I didn't like it, how there were too many Asian girls here, and how it all felt so suffocating. On the second day, I didn't mind it as much.

After that, I drove to Monsieur Paff's house and we went out to eat. He was cuter in person than he was on Skype, and I was self-conscious at first; I couldn't hold eye contact with him for a long time.  It was disguise-able in the car, where my eyes were supposed to be on the road anyways.

When we got to the restaurant--a neat little place where M. Paff is friendly with the manager--the manager looked at me and then looked at M. Paff knowingly, like, "ooh, you got a girl", but when we asked for separate checks, I think he realized that we weren't together.

At one point, when we were sitting in a booth across from each other and talking, he smiled and I thought he looked really adorable; when he talked, he sounded adorable, but I didn't have a crush on him. I might have been a bit attracted to him, but I definitely did not have a crush on him.



After dinner, we went to a nearby Asian market because M. Paff had always wanted to go but never went because he said he felt weird going to an Asian market as a white guy. We did. He was fascinated. Then we went to the movie theater, but the movies were too late, so he asked his mother if I could come to the house. Surprisingly, she said I could; I just couldn't come upstairs to his room and get impregnated. Busted.


He introduced me to his mother and sister and his sister's boyfriend, then we went on his laptop and just had fun. When it was time for me to leave, he walked me to my car and gave me a hug. Like, a really good hug compared to the crappy, awkward ones the guys from Aldor, my hall for SPOP, gave me.

No comments:

Post a Comment