Tuesday, July 12, 2011

All women are flirts, but some are restrained by shyness, and others by sense.

The day is starting off horribly. I had killer cramps yesterday so Mlle. Johnston gave me Midol to help, but there's caffeine in Midol and I took it at 2 AM since we got back at probably a bit later than half past one.  I was up till 3 writing the entry for Monday but still wasn't tired or sleepy, but I forced myself to sleep anyways.

But you know those uncomfortable and headache-inducing dreams where the same dream and a couple of its variants are looped over and over again? Normally, I would realize something was off and woke up, but I guess I was so tired physically that I couldn't escape it. Well, I guess I did for a couple of times but I couldn't tell the difference between the dreams and reality so I'm not so sure. I woke up a few minutes before six despite going to bed at half past three. Why couldn't I be like this during the school year?

The whole day, I felt off; Mlle. Johnston kept asking if I was okay. I was; I just didn't feel like eating or doing anything productive. We went to Catalina and went back because I was feeling very lethargic. I intended to sleep for half an hour but ended up napping for only 15 minutes and couldn't sleep anymore.

Mlle. Johnston took her time and forever getting ready for the formal dinner. I wore my black prom dress and Mlle. Johnston wore this tiny little black dress that made her look really hot, especially with the red lipstick. I was pissed when she took forever to get ready but it was partly out of jealousy since she looked hot and more appropriate than I was since the people who bothered to dress up wore homecoming or cocktail dresses so I stuck out--which turned out to be good since there were a bunch of people complimenting me on my dresses. However, the waiter that Mlle. Johnston fancies didn't even properly glance at me twice, but he did a double take for her, so it's all good.

We went to the Flashback party, which was a dud since it was more for much older people. We bailed on that and went to the Comedy Show. That was hilarious.

Then we came back again for the Salsa dancing, which was officially called the Latin Party. We met David and Phil there with their other cousins. We danced with them even though none of us knew how to dance to this kind of music. David suggested that we should go to the Comedy thing at midnight, since we would have a great laugh instead of dancing awkwardly to Latin music.

So we went got that, and the seating arrangement was lIke this: Mlle. Johnston me David, which was a bit awkward since I thought he was interested in Mlle. Johnston more. During the thing, Mlle. Johnston leaned over and whispered, "I think you should kiss him...you have to make the first move." I was like, "What? But he likes you though." She just laughed and shook her head. So during the skit, whenever the comedian said something outrageously funny, I would laugh and bump into him or lightly touch his arm. Well, I received no response so I stopped. No hard feelings; just a confirmation that I was right.

We went back to the club and, thank God, they were finally playing our music. Okay, so when I walked in, I saw this really cute guy staring at me, so, for some reason, I held his gaze for the longest time as I walked to the dance floor with a smirk on my face. Then David came in and we danced together for the whole night. Sometimes he would put his hands on my waist, and, not wanting it to be awkward, I put my arms around his neck. Sometimes I would lean in closer, and he would hug me even tighter. If it got to that, I'd just put my head on his shoulder and rest for a bit while dancing, if that makes sense. His shoulders were a tad higher than I could reach, so it was a bit like me putting my head on his chest, my nose against his clavicle. The whole time, I was just thinking how good, how much better this whole situation would be if it was somebody I actually liked...well, like, have romantic feelings for.

Having said that, the next part will seem so illogical. When we were that close to each other, I wondered what he'd do if I kissed him on the cheeks. Well, I decided to see for myself, so I tiptoed and leaned in, aiming for his cheek, but he saw me moving in, so he thought I was going to kiss him; well, he turned his head so I could meet his lips. I think our lips did brush, and since I didn't end up where I intended to, I panicked and slid over to where his cheek was. It was awkward, not gonna lie. On a scale of one to ten, this incident is a solid seven. When that failed, I returned to his chest/shoulder and kind of laughed in his neck. I guess he could feel it since he kind of nuzzled back and hugged me tighter.

Mlle. Johnston said that Phil thought I was being a tease for not grinding on David. Mlle. Johnston said that I should grind on David since "it's fun." I've considered it and decided that since I'm not comfortable doing that and since I think it makes me feel and look cheap, I won't be doing it--I think I totally fucked up the verb tenses in that last sentence.

Point is...I try to keep it clean and classy--well, my definition of clean and classy, that is.

And then, you know, I launch into another story of my flirtation for the night. So...I kept getting really thirsty, and David would come with me to get water every time. He's such a gentleman; all those time that I got water, he was always the one pouring.  So my foot was kind of cramping up so we just stood side by side, arms touching and just kind of grooved to the music. He was going to go to UCI--small world?

Toward the end of the night, we sat next to each other, and I had my head on his shoulders. Then I asked if he thought I was a tease and he said "not at all." Then I think I nodded off on his shoulders for a bit. Like, a few minutes. After that, we went to get the schedule for tomorrow, and he walked me to my room. 

No comments:

Post a Comment