Saturday, January 8, 2011

We dance before we even knew music

The art show went amazingly. I've gotten so many compliments on my three photos, my only pieces in the show. They weren't hung but stuffed rather in a small basket. They, along with other matted works, were not judged. It makes me kind of annoyed that my hard work kind of came to nothing, but whatever. M. Kelly and Mlle. Johnston came together. I do love her very much. Mlle. Connelly also came to see it with her boyfriend.

I was in charge of putting name tags on the AP Art students to identify them as the artists. It was fun with so many people there but after an hour, I was bored. So I decided leave early and catch a movie with Mlle. Johnston and Connelly. We watched Black Swan. Mlle. Johnston was such a good movie-seeing partner. She'd seen it before, so she warned me whenever a creepy scene approached. Mlle. Connelly was also so very good. She hadn't seen it before so our experiences matched and the intensity of the craziness lessened. I love all the ballerina clothes that the ballerinas wear, in and out of the studio. I might do a dress sketch on this movie.






I do feel like such a sophisticated young adult today, attending an art show and going out to movies with friends. Normally, my mother confines me to the house and rarely lets me out. I told her the show was from four to six, and that it was mandatory for me to stay the whole time, but I left at four forty-five and watched the movie until six forty-five, when I said goodbye to my friends and left for Michael's where I bought a small canvas and gold paint. My mother called and I told her I'd just left. Everything went according to plans. Good girls are simply bad girls who don't get caught.

No comments:

Post a Comment