Saturday, January 1, 2011

Fresh Start

Every 31st of December always ends with me painting my nails and making resolutions for the new year. A few weeks in, my nails are peeled, my resolutions abandoned. This year, I am not painting my nails. I am leaving them au naturel. My resolutions this year are also very simple and doable.

Since this year is my last year at home before going off to college and my first year as an adult, I want to do something memorable to remember it by. What's better than starting a blog? I will treat this blog like a public journal, documenting my year as it progresses until I start college.

Back to New Year's Resolutions--here they are:

  1. Reduce the amount of cuss words from entering my mouth my using euphemisms.
  2. Update this blog at least once a week.
  3. Be a nicer person.
  4. Try to not talk about other people.
  5. Buy only two things from Want List once a month.
  6. Run and work out at least once a week. It doesn't have to be the same time every week.
  7. Stretch at least once a week.
  8. Stop biting my nails.
  9. Take at least five good pictures a week.
  10. Drink tea daily.
  11. Get rid of acne.
  12. Learn more French words.
  13. Whiten teeth.
  14. Produce at least 30 dress designs. I have about 15 already.
  15. Smile to at least seven strangers a week.
  16. Start conversation with at least three strangers per week.
  17. Procrastinate less.
  18. Be less lazy and messy. 
 So. 18. Pretty doable, I think. I'd be a much better person if I keep my New Year's Resolutions. This year is going to be my year. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment