Sunday, January 2, 2011

Time is a dressmaker specialized in alterations

When you really think about it, the distance between home in California and a school in the East Coast is not much greater than the distance from home to an instate university. Seriously, if I am not at home, I'm not at home. My parents won't get to see me either way. I think it is just the thought of being able to get to me if they want that really makes a difference.

Sometimes I feel bad for choosing to go so far away from them when my mom obviously will lose her right hand when I am gone, but I honestly have to go away. I am so sick of being in the same place for so long; I just feel like my creativity is seeping out in this boring suburb. I just need to get away.

My mother is willing to let my go out of state on one condition: I have to come back to California after I'm done with school. I'm telling her I will, but I am not planning to keep that promise. That is pretty stinky of me, I know. How am I ever going to make it up to her?

On a happier note, I met a cute boy at Borders today. I was buying the usual--a cream cheese pretzel, and he was the cashier or bartender--I don't know the right word. He was very cute; tall and blond; not too; amiable-looking. I wonder if he'd find me cute as well.

Speaking of cute...in honor of the new year, I am wearing at least one new item each day for seven days.

No comments:

Post a Comment