Friday, January 21, 2011

Do or do not. There is no try

God, today was not what I had hope it would be. It was in Art AP that I found out that us AP students whose works were in the show were invited to be interviewed by a local radio station. From 16 PM to 16:30 PM. Mme. Mills invited me, but I told her know, for I and Mlle. Smith had a prior engagement. She asked Mlle. Smith and told her that some woman that Mlle. Smith knew would be there. Mlle. Smith asked if I wanted to go to the radio thing, and I said no, since I was really looking forward to this evening. Then I asked her if she wanted to go. She shook her head. Later, when M. Mills asked again, I kept telling her that we had a prior engagement. Then Mme. Mills told me that since Mlle. Smith was going to the radio thing, that meant that I was available also. I was like, "WHAT?" and all Mlle. Smith could say was "she's someone I know." Well, I'm sorry, but what does that make me?

I was pissed I didn't talk to her unless necessary for the rest of the day.

The only reason why we were waiting until today to do it was because her mom has a problem with her not being home on a school night. So I waited all week and she canceled on me on the the day of to go to a radio interview. God, there's so many things I want to say, but I've swore to talk only about the subject at hand when I'm angry. I felt like she didn't value my time. My plans were just replaced at the last minute for something else so easily without any consideration at all.

I went and asked Mlle. Velasco to model for me. I'm not going to wait around for anybody anymore. The world doesn't bend to accommodate my needs, and I don't bend to accommodate anybody else's needs.

The only good thing about this whole stupid fiasco was that I feel like I've matured a little. The old me would have gone and told all my friends about what Mlle. Smith did, but I've kept mum today despite the constant temptation to tell someone. Well, this is between me and her, and it'll stay between me and her.

A few of the pictures of Mlle. Velasco turned very good, but since this is my first time taking pictures of a live person and her first time modeling, it was pretty good. I got two exceptional ones.

Mlle. Smith says she'll try to come over on Monday. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment