Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Permission to be perfectly quiet and sane every night

I had the coolest dream ever, and I just have to put it somewhere so I won't forget. Few things beat finding stuff you'd forgotten.

Anyways, I was doing my daily jog in Morningside Park in New York City (so hopefully I was or had been attending Barnard College) when this really ruggedly handsome guy came up and jogged beside me. Like, tall, dark, and handsome--almost like Mme. McElroy's son, but probably a bit fairer. So things blurred and I just knew that we were a couple. Then I remember going jogging again and this really cute, blonde-hair-blue-eyes guy came and jogged next to me. I found out that he was a doctor (I mean, can he get any better?) and he was interested. So I kept seeing him while dating my boyfriend, who was a musician and who turned out to be my fiance since I found his grandmother's engagement ring on my finger. It was all nice and dandy for a while before my doctor boyfriend asked to come with him to an office party at the end of the year.

It turned out that both of them had a mutual friend who saw me with the doctor guy, who conveniently introduced me as his girlfriend. The mutual friend, who was gay and very cute, pulled me aside and told me I couldn't do this to them. I agreed, and he became my friend too. So we were kind of discussing who I should keep, and I chose the doctor guy because I reasoned that since I wanted beautiful daughters, the doctor guy would be a greater help since his features would be lovely on a girl.

So, right after my fiance's very important concert, I told him that I was cheating on him with the doctor guy, that I was pregnant with his child (a girl-child, of course), and I wanted to break up. However, I asked if we could still be friends and "jogging buddies"--that part was directly from my dreams. He was dejected but agreed to be my friend and wished me best of luck.

During the wedding planning process, my ex-fiance was very helpful, going with me from the cake bakeries to the boutiques to the flower shops. He was very supportive. I grew insanely huge because of the baby, and since I was pregnant, I found it necessary to stop taking showers (it made perfect logical sense in the dream), so I became fat, gross, pimply, and greasy. I ordered my dress in size 16 (I'm a 0 in real life, so that's huge) and requested that cameras be left at home. When I tried on my dress for the last time before buying it, I remember having my picture taken with my ex-fiance while he was dressed in the groom's outfit.

A few weeks before the wedding, my current fiance--the doctor--avoided me. I think I was probably giving birth around this time. In the end, the gay friend came and told me that my fiance told him to tell me that he couldn't marry such a fat and dirty woman, so he called the whole thing off and went away. I remember saying, "Well, I can be single, right? I mean, there's no crime in being single. In fact, I don't need a man."

When I told my ex-fiance--the musician, he said, "Well, since you don't have anyone right now, take me back. I still want to marry you." I was so touched. Especially after he busted me out of prison.

I don't know how it transitioned from me about to get married--after giving birth to my daughter, I must say I looked gorgeous at my wedding--in the surreal version of the house on Pala Mesa Drive to getting left behind (not yet married) at an abandoned house where bank robbers started shooting each other to get a bigger share. Well, some died, and the rest left, not knowing that I was there. I was convicted to killing those dead robbers and thrown in jail.

Well, my fiance came and busted me out. I snuck through a crack in the wall and jumped in this vehicle and experienced the BEST car chase scene in the entire world. Then I woke up before I could even get married.

Here's what I think of it:
  • Morningside Park is there because of my obsession with going to (then) Columbia and (now) Barnard.
  • The jogging part is probably inspired by the scene in My Best Friend's Girl where Dane Cook tries to jog beside Kate Hudson to win her back.
  • The musician fiance is semi-inspired by Jane's boss from 27 Dresses--a movie about weddings.
  • It's a bit of a stretch, but the doctor guy is probably somewhat inspired by Chase from House since he's so cute now with his haircut.
  • I know for sure the gay guy is the same guy I met at Forever 21.
  • I've always wanted a girl. Just one. I'm glad this is evident in my dreams.
  • The layout for the hospital where the doctor works is the exact one of St. John's Hospital where I volunteer weekly.
  • The part about the wedding planning process was taken from More Than Blue, this Korean movie that I watched on the plane. Best movie ever.  I only recognize it because the girl--who is also getting married--asks her best friend--the guy who's in love with her--to wear the groom's tux, and requests a quick picture of just the two of them. It may seems kind of cruel for her to do it, but once you get through the whole movie and find out why she asks him, you'll get it.
  • The extra weight is from this insane thought that invaded my head the other day. All of of sudden, I wondered if I was really fat or really ugly, and people were just being nice to me because of my extreme fatness/ugliness, my clothes were bought in large sizes because my brain switched the numbers around to make the delusion real, and my brain was projecting an image of a make believe person for my reflection. I think they call it depersonalization when you think your reflection isn't you. Sometimes the thought enters my head, but I just leave the room because that kind of thinking is what gives you NIGHTMARES. Sometimes, whenever someone would sit next to another person instead of me, I would kind of wonder if it was because my rolls of fat were taking up all the space and I just didn't see it and others were too polite to point out that I was actually taking up the whole bench, not just half of the bench like I perceive. God, I am talking like a crazy person.
  • The part about me being convicted just because I was there was from a little snippet my sister told me from the movie Freedom Writers.
  • The car chase scene is DEFINITELY from Fast and Furious. I watch that movie way too many time.

No comments:

Post a Comment