Thursday, January 20, 2011

What you do speaks so loud that I cannot hear what you say

I did ballet when I was really little--not yet five--and I remember being in love with it so much that I often got to the studio half an hour early just so we could get things started without wasting time. I was very dedicated and the ballet teacher loved me. A couple of weeks in, the program got canceled from some reason and I took up aerobics instead.

I recently found out that I can take fundamental ballet classes at the local community colleges. The nearest ones are an equal distance apart from me, but the one in V. is a lot better location-wise since my parents' salon is in O while the community college in M. is better option-wise. I really want to take the class. According to the previous years' schedule, the class is two times a week for three hours at a time. God, I want to take it so bad. I just need to wait for them to release the summer schedule and talk to my counselor about it. I'll probably stop by the class after finals to check it out. I've just emailed the instructor to ask for her permission.

I just need to get active, you know? Being active releases endorphins and endorphins make you happy. I can tell depression is trying to creep on me again. The last time I got depressed was horrible. I never want to go through it ever again as long as I live. I felt it when I was cleaning out my closet last Friday, so I changed the music station to more upbeat and mindless songs. It usually comes when the weather gets warm. That's why I hate the summer. There's this air that comes and messes with my mind. It's really fresh and makes me nostalgic. The summer of sophomore year was really bad. That was when I got really down. I didn't feel like meeting new people because I reasoned we would all have to part eventually, so there was no reason to give myself a heartache every single time. I wanted to be a hermit then, living all by myself in the mountain, isolated from everyone else.

Looking back, that plan will never work. 1. I'm not a nature person. I hate forests and trees and all that stuff. 2. I'll go crazy being by myself for that long. And 3. I am incapable of being by myself for that long.

Anyways, I'm hoping this class will give me a healthy dose of endorphins to ward off the blues. Plus, Mlle. Smith and Velasco are actually kind of interested in taking it too--surprisingly. Well, I'm glad.

Speaking of Mlle. Velasco...we went shopping today at Forever 21 after school because they are having this huge coats sale and I am in need of a coat or two. She's been looking for a job for a while now but no such luck. I feel bad while we look at stuff because she doesn't want to spend money because she's saving for college--which is what I'm supposed to be doing too, but we are talking about a desperately needed black coat. Anyways, we had a good time nonetheless and I got a really cute black coat. It is shorter that what I wanted, but it is amazingly cute. Plus, it was fifty percent off the original price. I'm glad we hung out today so she wouldn't feel like we're leaving her out when Mlle. Smith and I go to V. to take pictures of Mlle. Johnston and go shopping afterward.

Plus, Mlle. Smith is coming over tomorrow to model for me for my portrait projects. We'll take pictures of each other before the good light goes out. Hopefully everything will go well. I am extra self-conscious now because my mother's just told me that the asymmetrical-ness of my face is more prominent now that I'm skinnier thanks to my vegetarian diet. Well, is it really my fault that my dad and brother who can both eat regular food always pig out on my vegetarian food and leave me with nothing to eat? Of course not.

No comments:

Post a Comment