Thursday, January 6, 2011

Naked people have little or no influence in society

Mlle. Coleman couldn't come with me to Mme. McElroy's party after all. It was fun; I bonded with the younger kids and met Mlle. Behan there. She didn't recognize me for some reason even though my locker is right next to hers and my sister was a close friend. Once she realized that I was the girl with the locker near hers, she was like, "oh, okay" and when she found out that I was my sister's sister (haha), she was like "OH!" Apparently, I'm two different people.

Mme. McElroy stayed in the guest room on what looked like a hospital bed as we kids played outside. She was surrounded by her friends and children. Goodness, that woman has good-looking children--especially sons (all too old for me, unfortunately). She seemed really pale and put on a bubbly facade, but I knew something was off when she tried to hide the fact that she forgot my brother's name--she's been our piano teacher for about three years. At the end, I said, "Feel better," and she told me that she was never going to get better and that she was going to heaven. It was all very depressing. Moving on.

I didn't see the M. S. McElroy. I saw his older brother though. God, this woman has such attractive children. Her daughter is really pretty too. She just gave birth to a two-week old baby. The baby is kind of dopey looking though. 

I think my concentration for my portfolio will be dresses inspired by famous paintings. I have done dresses for "The Bath" by Mary Cassatt, "Madame X" by John Singer Sargent, "Symphony in White No.1", "Symphony in White No.2", and "Arrangement in Grey and Black: Whistler's Mother" by Whistler. Now I think I'm working on "King Cophetua and the Beggar Maid" by Edward Burne-Jones. 


I know it seems kind of dreary and drab, but there's something about it that I really like. I'm thinking of layering a very soft and flowy creme-colored fabric over rich, scarlet red brocade, completed with a pearl choker. Doesn't that sound just lovely? I've been favoring fabric that that skims the body and suggests curves instead of showing them outright, so I think I'm going to use that in this dress--there's a possibility I may not, since I've already done so for a few dresses already. There's a possibility that I'll be struck by inspiration some time tomorrow and just trash this whole idea and go with a totally different one.

I wonder how Tesla feel with that visual mapping ability of his. I wish I have that. Things would be so much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment